Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Man, Have I Been Prolific This Month! And, Some News of Interest.

I seem to keep writing a lot for the blog these days, and the painting contest is currently being judged. I encourage all of my readers to sign in and make their vote known. I'd like to see more responses as we had five entries, and all of them look like the contestants did their very best.

Also, I found out a couple of months late, but Wargames Illustrated did an article about using Twilight: 2000 as a miniature wargames background! Yep, that's right. In WI 373. there's a lavishly illustrated article that includes rules reviews, figure reviews (including a few I was kinda "meh" on, but YMMV), and a good summary of the Vistula Trilogy.

Cover of WI 373, image taken from WI website.

In short, if you don't have a copy, go out and get one. It's a good read for those just getting into this as a milleu.

Come the new year, I plan on getting some forward momentum on my own Twilight: 2000 miniatures and to figure out how I am going to work things out vis a vis doing Iran during the Twilight War in 20mm. I have a fan project I have been working on for years called "Blood Upon the Risers" that I really need to just finish up, and get out to the masses. That said? I do have some other paid gigs I need to give their due attention.

The next post will be blog entry 100, and we've come a LONG way from the humble beginnings of this blog. We're now at 51 followers, and 60,000+ page views, and I know the only way is up, really. I am so excited about where this blog can go?

So with that, I'd like to take a survey, what articles would YOU like to see more of here? Let me know in the comments section!

  • Scenarios?
  • Product Reviews?
  • Tutorials?
  • More discussion articles like in the beginning?
I want to make a real splash with entry 100, so it will be the beginning of the future of this blog, and the way forward. As for a question I asked last month, I think for now, I am going to put that on the back burner. As much as I would like to perhaps move to a WordPress format, there's far too many questions about how it work for me to feel comfortable making the switch. 

That's all for now, can't wait for the BIG 100! 

4 comments:

  1. Scenarios and product reviews would certainly be in order. As well as discussion about the Twilight War in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe something on the more overlooked areas of the Twilight War ... Africa, South America

    ReplyDelete
  3. As was mentioned, more scenarios, product reviews, and discussion...possibly even for the overlooked areas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scenarios and discussion of ideas for campaign settings probably top my list. Though all of it is good. Thanks for all your work on the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Twilight 2000, The Look on the Tabletop, Part 1, Vehicles

Twilight: 2000 is in some ways, a unique post-apocalyptic experience, it isn't quite Mad Max, it isn't quite Gamma World, or for tha...