Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Been prolific lately, and have a question for my readers?




 Well, got a question for my readers? I am thinking of moving the blog to Wordpress. I like the features and it's got a lot more tools for me, but the $48 a year is a bit steep for me right now. So, were I to move, I'd probably do a paypal donation cup here to raise the funds. Yes, I know, it may not sit well with some folks, but if 12 folks gave $4 each, I could get the blog running for a year. And if we don't raise the money, we don't move and I will return the money, simple as that. 

  But before I do it, I'd like to hear from you, the reader, before I do it. I've given the idea some thought, and probably throw in extra content for those who do donate. Maybe dare I say it, a podcast, though that would be a rough road to hoe, as the only microphone I have are the iffy Samsung headphones that came with my phone! But I would give it a try! 

 But I really want some input from you all first. I've enjoyed this blog immensely, and the contest and the outpouring of interest has been a tonic to me, especially during the winter months as I do tend to a bit of lethargy and feeling down, so writing a post or three of interest to the readership puts a smile on this ol' gamer's face.

  So, here's your chance, let me know here, or at 500milest2k@gmail.com, or care of the facebook page. I will be setting up a place to comment there too. I'd really like to know if I am on the right track in general, or what more you, the reader would like to see.

   Thanks all, and here's to a full still, plenty of ammo, and a inactive Geiger Counter.

   Your humble writer,
  
   Jason Weiser

5 comments:

  1. I say keep it here unless there is some pressing reason why staying here is not a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about a Patreon account? I bung in a few $ every month for a couple of bloggers to ensure they can regularly produce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a thought, but here is the question, do people expect more exclusive content for Pateron?

      Delete
  3. What are the perks for going over to Wordpress? I started there with blogging but went over to Blogger pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bit better spam control, more freedom of what you can do with the platform, and easier to post images.

      Delete

Featured Post

Twilight 2000, The Look on the Tabletop, Part 1, Vehicles

Twilight: 2000 is in some ways, a unique post-apocalyptic experience, it isn't quite Mad Max, it isn't quite Gamma World, or for tha...