Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Funded in Seven Minutes...Nice Start if You Ask Me!

 Well, it came, it saw, and boy, did the fans conquer. The game was funded in 7 minutes! Not bad for what is considered a "dead game."

 Well, readers of "500 Miles..." I guess we knew better. What can I say, I put my money where my mouth is, and I like what I saw. I got the deluxe kit. The Mrs. thought it was a good idea from a variety of standpoints...and told me to shell out for the ref's screen. She is very thoughtful like that. 

The game with the first set of stretch goals! - From the FLP Kickstarter Page

My own impressions? It's going for the best features of both V1 and V2. I like the two seperate softcover books, and I like the encounter and initiative cards. That is going to make combat a snap to run. The dice are also a big help. I am not 100% on using a six sider for hit location? Might a D12 have worked better, but hey, I am sure we'll get more updates on that in the future.

Production values are solid throughout, and the people working on it have made in my mind, a real effort to make this work. Their efforts are going to be reflected when this bad boy hits games store shelves in August of next year...GenCon release perhaps?

Support sounds as if it will be something they are going to push hard, especially with the Kickstarter having done so well. I am confident this will sell well, and I can almost hear the 80s soundtrack in my mind I used to game by. Lots of AC/DC and Journey (yes, I know, you can almost see the bad hairdos and poor fashion choices, right?) 

In an aside, it's going to be a relief to take "Twilight" back from all the lovers of a certain book series. That and I'm going to cackle hard when I break this out at a con in front of some millennial Team Yankee players and say "So, wanna try and survive what happens when the nukes fly?"

Yeah, you will too.

Welcome back, Twilight:2000. We have missed you!

3 comments:

  1. Toss in some 80s new wave, hardcore and 99 rot balloons and you have a sound track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's me signed up too.
    Looking forward to it.
    Brings back a lot of good memories.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Twilight 2000, The Look on the Tabletop, Part 1, Vehicles

Twilight: 2000 is in some ways, a unique post-apocalyptic experience, it isn't quite Mad Max, it isn't quite Gamma World, or for tha...