Thursday, November 8, 2018

Another Short News Piece

Well, I wanted to put this short news piece out there to get the word out that the blog has a Facebook page! Yep, that's right. We're going to social media. I wanted the page to get the word out and have a one stop shopping place on FB to release future news about when there's a blog release, like...now.

I have not done much Twilight: 2000 miniatures related, but I am gearing up to finish a boatload of Soviet armor, including some items from Butler's Printed Models that I really have been meaning to finish painting. They're almost done, so I am pretty confident, gimme a day or two to paint em, and I will be displaying them here for all to see, along with a review.

As for other matters, I gave some Lifecolor MERDC colors a try painting some Battletech 'Mechs, and I liked the results, very much. I can definitely recommend Lifecolor, but it doesn't wear as well as oh, say, Vallejo or AK/MiG, but I was very happy with the end results, and they responded to the Magic Mudd Wash very well indeed. (I cannot say enough good things about that sadly, now OOP product).

I also wanted to let folks now that Ehliem Miniatures has released more for their Post-Apocalyptic line in 20mm,. Now, while most of it is meant for Gaslands/Mad Max-style gaming, it would not be real difficult to adapt it for Twilight: 2000 at all, as most of them have that "marauder band" chic look written all over them. He's also releasing some Cold War Bundeswehr, which look great and are definitely usable.
No automatic alt text available.
Taken from Ehliem Minaitures Facebook Page

No automatic alt text available.
Taken from Ehliem Minaitures Facebook Page

So all in all, a bit to report, and more to talk about later. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Twilight 2000, The Look on the Tabletop, Part 1, Vehicles

Twilight: 2000 is in some ways, a unique post-apocalyptic experience, it isn't quite Mad Max, it isn't quite Gamma World, or for tha...