Monday, May 6, 2019

Had a productive weekend!

I've been painting this mess of Soviet vehicles for a long, long time. And well, I finally finished them. Lord knows, it took a while. I used a method I found on the old Guild website, that I've slightly modified, but it works well and gives the vehicles a nice "worn" look.

As soon as I find a copy of the method, I will post it here, but I wanted to show off the vehicles in their glory. Lemme know what you think gang!

Overall, am I as good a modeler as some of what I've seen on the net, nope. But am I happy? Yep.

3 Butler Printer Models T-64s. they're fairly rough on the detail and l/76th as opposed to 1/72. But I do look them for what they are, decent looking Russian tanks. 
2 S-Model BMD-2. I liked the ease of construction. Didn't like the fragility of some of the parts, such as the treads, and the brass parts seemed a bit unnecessary. 
The Trumpeter T-55 to me is a great kit. It was a bit unexpected to screw together the halves of the hull, but I liked the kit overall, assembled it in an afternoon! 

3 BMP-2 from Butler's Printed Models. They're 1/76th as opposed to most of my collection being 1/72nd, but they look decent painted up. The detail is rough, as most folks have said, but for a wargaming piece, they're serviceable, and paint up well.

2 Revell T-80s, I built one with no reactive armor and a Liberation Minis crewman in the hatch. He turned out pretty decent, and a Model Collect T-72, which looks awesome. The Model Collect was a joy to put together for such a complicated kit.

A S &S ZSU-23-4. She looks awesome painted up. Yeah, the details can be a bit rough, but I was pretty impressed overall with the ease of the assembly, except for the radar mast. All in all, I was pretty happy with the kit.

A pair of PSC T-55s. Detail was a bit meh, but I liked the options out of the box. They assembled quickly enough and I was darn happy with the kits as a whole.





5 comments:

Featured Post

Twilight 2000, The Look on the Tabletop, Part 1, Vehicles

Twilight: 2000 is in some ways, a unique post-apocalyptic experience, it isn't quite Mad Max, it isn't quite Gamma World, or for tha...