Sunday, January 20, 2019

Dressing For The Apocalypse - 28mm: Bundeswehr

As mentioned earlier, Under Fire Miniatures do a range of Cold War period 28mm figures.

I bought a set each of Soviets, East German (NVA) and West German (Bundeswehr).

Having assembled (converted) and painted the Soviets, I started on the West German infantry.

This is Bundeswehr pack 1, comprising four infantry armed with G3 battle rifles.


For my use I used Renedra 25mm round bases. I drill a 1mm hole in the figure base and a matching hole in the round base and use a piece of 1mm Evergreen rod to pin the two together and then glue it with superglue. Milliput is then used to smooth the two together.

There was then the decision as to what colour to paint them.

For my reference, I had a look at a contemporary Osprey book "Nato Armies Today".
I also  had the Tankograd book on "Bold Sparrow '87".
I decided to go for the simple grey green colour scheme (I have Flecktarn to look forward to on the Empress modern Bundeswehr).

The figures were undercoated black with Citadel Chaos Black followed by PSC German Field Grey.

The webbing and packs are Vallejo USA Olive Drab.

The figures were dry brushed with Citadel Dry Nurgling Green.

The figures were then shaded with Citadel Athonian Camoshade (it came out a bit shiny so I used some Humbrol 49 acrylic varnish).




Group shot.
I have an Empress Miniatures M113 APC which is undergoing conversion to an M113G to provide them with some mobility.

2 comments:

  1. Simple and nice paint job. Have to fight the urge from painting them up in the modern dot pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://500twilight2000.blogspot.com/2017/03/twilight-2000-look-on-table-part-3.html

    You can if you like..It comes down to what kind of unit they are (Regular or reservist) or how late in the war it is?

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Twilight 2000, The Look on the Tabletop, Part 1, Vehicles

Twilight: 2000 is in some ways, a unique post-apocalyptic experience, it isn't quite Mad Max, it isn't quite Gamma World, or for tha...